Concierge medicine is growing in popularity as more people seek a more personalized healthcare experience. You’ve considered enrolling in a concierge healthcare practice, as you believe it could be the right thing for you and your family.
But how do you find the right concierge doctor? Choosing the right concierge doctor starts with conducting background research, getting answers to your questions, and making a personal connection.
Do Your Research
Search phrases like “concierge medicine” and your city to find concierge practices in your area. Since this is a newer healthcare model, most websites offer plenty of educational information. Review the website for each practice, noting which practices and doctors might be a good fit for your healthcare needs. Also, check for
- Board certification. Certification ensures that the doctor has completed the appropriate education, residency, and licensing.
- Hospital affiliation. Ensure the doctor is affiliated with hospitals in your area or your hospital of choice.
- Disciplinary actions/malpractice lawsuits.
Once you’ve conducted your online research, schedule virtual or in-person interviews with several potential doctors. Most concierge doctors will happily provide a no-obligation consultation.
The doctor-patient relationship is the cornerstone of concierge medicine, so it’s crucial to get a sense of the doctor’s personality and determine if there is any chemistry. In this case, chemistry is almost as important as the doctor’s credentials. For a successful relationship, choose a doctor you can be completely honest and trust with your healthcare needs.
Questions to Ask Potential Doctors
- What’s your approach to concierge medicine? Choose a physician who is enthusiastic about the concierge model and the many benefits it offers patients.
- Can patients contact you after hours? If a doctor truly embraces the concierge model, they will be happy to provide their mobile number or email should any healthcare issues arise.
- Do you make house calls? Not all concierge doctors make house calls. If you have a situation that requires this service, such as a homebound family member, now is your time to ask.
- What are your fees? The fee structure should be straightforward and easy to understand. Some practices offer monthly and yearly payment schedules, with a discount if you pay annually.
- What services are included in those fees? Covered services vary between practices, so it’s important to understand what is included in your membership. Ask about preventative and proactive services, primary care visits, prescriptions, and lab tests.
- What about services that aren’t covered? A good concierge doctor should be open and honest about the services provided by the practice. If they share how current patients navigate these issues, even better.
Personalized Concierge Medicine is the Future of Healthcare!
Concierge medicine is not just a fad; it is part of the future of medicine. Improving the doctor-patient relationship is the healthcare industry’s way to create a healthier world.
Wouldn’t it be ideal to have access to premium healthcare services but only pay for the services you need and use? With Dr. Now, you can save up to 50% on your annual healthcare costs by only paying for services when you need them.
To learn more about our detailed benefits and cost savings or schedule a consultation, call Dr. Now at 833-733-4134 or visit our website today!